Starting at Firbank or moving campuses
This information is the same across all three campuses.
Please refer to our Handbooks available on this page for information relating to:
- Student Uniform
- Sport and GSV
- Music lessons and ensembles
- Experiential Education
- Duke of Edinburgh
- Parent Help Desk
- Communication between Parents and the School
- Reporting and Assessment
- Leadership Groups
- The App and Consent to Go
At Firbank are required to:
- Accurately capture and maintain student health records
- Provide clear and consistent communications between the school and families to ensure optimum care is provided
- Gain online approvals for excursions, school activities and camps
To do this we use the Consent2Go (C2G) system.
Firbank Grammar email parents when you are required to:
- Provide your child’s current health information
- Provide ongoing medical updates
- Provide permission to attend camps and excursions
Flexischools is the fast and secure way to order and pay for the School tuckshop.
FIRBANK SCHOOL APP
New families will be provided with login details and information about accessing The Portal and the Firbank App in the week prior to their child commencing at Firbank. Until parents receive their login details, they will not be able to access The Portal or sign in to the Firbank App. Prior to new parents having access to the Portal or Firbank App, all Firbank correspondence to new families will be sent via email.
ASSESSMENTS & REPORTS
At Firbank we have ongoing assessment tasks. These vary according to the subject and can include topic tests, assignments, oral tests and practical tasks.
Interim online reports and detailed semester reports at the end of each semester are delivered via the Portal.
During the year, all Year 7 students:
- Complete compulsory NAPLAN assessment
- Undertake testing in literacy and numeracy in order to assist the School to identify strengths and weaknesses in these two vital areas of the curriculum.
- Participate in a variety of mathematics, science and language competitions.
All parents have password protected Portal access to view their child’s academic progress.
Once parents receive their login credentials to the portal it is essential they immediately reset their password by selecting the My Account tab on the main menu bar. A student’s individual profile on the Portal contains a list of all subject teachers with an easy-to-use link should you have any subject-related questions or concerns.
If your child will be absent due to an illness or appointment, please email [email protected] or use the school app before 10am.
Firbank Grammar uses Microsoft Intune to help manage devices and to ensure that personal devices adhere to School security policies without accessing your personal files. This software includes a School application portal and allows Firbank to deploy required configuration for wireless connectivity as well as applications, such as Microsoft Office 365 and a full enterprise version of Sophos Endpoint Security for free.
Conduct – Students are required to comply with the following policies, which can be found on our website:
- Information and Communication Technology Policy
- Bullying Prevention and Intervention Policy
- Cyber Safety Policy
- Social Media Policy
SchoolTV is an ongoing resource that is available to our parents. Each edition will address a major topic with expert interviews, fact sheets, parent quiz, books, recommended apps and much more.
Created in association with Dr Michael Carr-Gregg, SchoolTV aggregates information from many great resources such as BeyondBlue and ReachOut.