Merrin James FOGA Fellowship For 2024
The Firbank Old Grammarians’ Association (FOGA) committee is excited to announce the Merrin James FOGA Fellowship for 2024, a Fellowship program to support the professional development of past students from Firbank Grammar. Funds for this Fellowship have been made available due to a generous bequest from the estate of Merrin James (1970) who was an active member of the FOGA committee for many years and was instrumental in developing this program with the committee.
This Fellowship will provide the successful applicant with up to $5,000 for them to undertake professional development, research, a specific project or further study in their chosen field.
Applications will open on 14 August 2023 and close on 15 September 2023, with the successful candidate being advised by 30 October 2023.
CONDITIONS OF AWARD
- The applicant must have completed their secondary schooling at Firbank Grammar School.
- The study, project and/or related travel must be completed within the 12-month time frame.
- The purpose of the study/project and/or related travel must be outlined on the application form and include a timeline and/or itinerary.
- Study or projects which have commenced at the time of application may be considered. In that case the timeline and/or itinerary together with receipts must be provided.
- The Fellowship funds cannot be used toward HECS fees/university or study debts or personal expenses not related to their project.
- The FOGA Fellowship is awarded on an individual basis only.
- The successful applicant will be formally awarded the FOGA Fellowship at the Firbank Grammar Presentation Night held at the end of the school year.
- More than one Fellowship may be awarded each year but the awarding of the Fellowship is not mandatory each year.
- The Fellow must submit receipts to the value of $5,000 for reimbursement.
- The Fellow will be required to participate in an agreed number of FOGA and/or Firbank Grammar School events upon completion of their Fellowship.
- The Fellow agrees to actively participate in FOGA’s and Firbank Grammar School’s social media presence.
- The Fellow will be required to submit a detailed report on their project/study to the FOGA Committee within three (3) months of the Fellowship completion. This will include an article to be published in Green, Gold and White and/or VINCIT which highlights the benefits of being awarded the FOGA Fellowship.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Furthers professional career development
- Demonstrates significant benefit to the wider community
- Demonstrates commitment to professional learning and continuous improvement
- Aligns with Firbank Grammar School’s values and motto.
All applicants must:
- Complete the online application form
- Respond to the key selection criteria
- Include a professional resume (no more than 2 pages)
- Provide two referees, one professional and one personal
The 2024 Fellowship will be advertised in Firbank and FOGA media/publications and through direct emails to past students. Applications will open on 10 August 2023 and close on 15 September 2023,
Applications are to be submitted via email to the FOGA Committee [email protected]
Applicants may be interviewed by a panel from the FOGA Committee and Firbank Grammar staff. Each Fellowship will be selected by the FOGA Committee in consultation with the School Principal. Please note that not all applicants will necessarily be interviewed.
All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by 30 October 2023.