Firbank is an equal opportunity employer. The School recognises the importance of attracting and retaining the best possible staff and therefore staff enjoy excellent working conditions.
The School provides extensive professional development opportunities and a staff scholarship is awarded each year to encourage teachers to pursue professional learning opportunities overseas.
Applications for all positions should be addressed to The Principal, Firbank Grammar School, 51 Outer Crescent, Brighton, VIc, 3186 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Staff Obligation to Child Safety
Firbank Grammar has zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to the protection of all children from all forms of child abuse. In accordance with our legal obligations, Firbank Grammar is committed to ensuring that newly recruited staff understand the importance of child safety, are aware of relevant policies and procedures and are trained to minimise the risk of child abuse. This is done through various human resource work systems, practise, policies and procedures designed to protect children from abuse and create a child safe culture.
It is our policy that all new staff members undergo screening including:
- A Working with Children Check status
- A personal identity verification and background checking
- Verification of professional or other qualifications relevant to the job
- An examination of their history of child-connected work and;
- Reference checking that addresses the applicant’s suitability for the job and working with children
Click here for Firbank Child Safety Code of Conduct.